Carriage House collection
Tough. Dependable. Long-Lasting. Few doors in your home get more use than your garage door—it truly is the biggest door in your house.
More than any other door, it needs to work dependably and stand up to the elements for years on end. Built to meet these challenges—and look good doing it—C.H.I. garage doors give you a wide range of options that fit your home's individuality and help you maintain your investment in it.
Carriage House Collection
- Door sections are formed from 27-gauge exterior and 27-gauge interior galvanized draw quality steel
- Section joints are roll-formed into a tongue-and-groove design which produces a superior weather seal
- 1-13/16” polystyrene insulation, glued on both sides
- Extra-heavy paint system consists of .25 mil. primer with rust inhibitor and a .75 mil. coating of baked-on polyester paint in your choice of white, almond or sandstone
- Long-lasting rollers assure consistent, efficient operation
- Bottom weather seal utilizes an aluminum retainer and extruded virgin vinyl
- Concealed steel plates run continuously from top to bottom of each section for fastening hardware
- Extension or torsion springs are individually computer-calibrated to lift your door
- Hinges are stamped from galvanized steel in a “wide body” pattern for greater stability and longer life
- Exterior decorative hardware includes 4 hinges, 2 handles and pop rivets for mounting to face
- Double sided steel doors are 2” thick
- R-value 8.07
Polystyrene insulation is secured in place with a urethane adhesive to increase structural integrity. The front and back skins are locked together in a tongue and groove design for years of worry free protection.
R-value - 8.07
All-Steel Sandwich Carriage House Door
Replicating the natural beauty of wood – the 5283 presents the visual distinction of a wood carriage house door while offering years of maintenance free service. The added benefits of a double-sided steel door with polystyrene insulation will offer protection against the natural elements while adding structural integrity to the door. Available in three designer colors and numerous window designs, the 5283 will provide direct curb appeal and add value to your home for years to come.
Refer to samples at your local C.H.I. Distributor for exact color match.
All Designer Lites are either transparent or semi-transparent.